Monday 16 August 2010

Little flaming monsters.....

oh how I scuppered myself yesterday when I mentioned to a 'friend' (a mum from school!!) that we were halfway through the holidays & I hadn't yet killed the children & the hols were going super-fast...

They've been a mare today -  the house is an absolute tip, they've been screaming & shouting & fighting & bickering & running up & down the stairs..... And to top it off, the baby won't go to sleep. *sigh*

Went to Colby Woodland garden yesterday - really nice there.  Not my favourite National Trust property (that's Belton House in Grantham) but as we don't really have any Houses round here, mainly coastline, I'll just have to make do!!  In fact, I don't even know where the nearest "proper" NT property is (discounting the Tudor Merchants House in Tenby, as although that's lovely, it's not a stately home!!)  Having searched, it would be Dinefwr Park & Castle in Llandeilo.....  which I guess isn't actually that bad as Belton was a good 90 mins away from us when we lived in Nottingham....  will have to go check it out again.
Our next nearest would be Llanerchaeron in Ceredigion.  Could we combine a trip there with a trip to Aberystwyth I wonder?  Hmmmm....

Anyway, weather has been glorious the past 3 days.  Just starting to drizzle a bit now, but still warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment