Tuesday 13 September 2011

So, how much stuff CAN you fit in a zafira?

So on Sunday, I took a trip up to Scotland, to go & collect some furniture from my Mam.  Did I hire a van to do this?  Nope, I took the childseats out of the car & folded the seats flat...

Now, I know I have a Zafira but I was still mildly surprised to see just how much I could actually get in...

1 double wardrobe (dismantled); 1 bookcase (dismantled); a chest of drawers (assembled) a kitchen table (dismantled) 4 chairs; a set of dishes for chinese meals; 2 small wooden boxes; 2 mirrors (1 full length, 1 large to fit on the chimney breast); 1 small corner shelf unit; 2 single duvets & a TON of bedding; a heap of vinyl records and lots of books.....  phew 

and here it all is in my living room (I forgot to take a pic whilst it was still in the car tho...)


So that pic shows some of it, here's another view, just to show the height of the wardrobe.... ignore the bookcases that you can see & the telly - they're not part of my haul. Oh & neither is the racing track you can see!



Here's the final pic, even tho I don't think it shows much to be honest...




phew...


Tell you what tho, the journey back was insane... (although of course, if you know me from elsewhere, you've probably already read this next bit, so feel free to ignore!!)

 I'm so glad I didn't have the kids in the back of the car cos on the M6, the language coming out of my mouth was disgraceful . I was fighting the wind every step of the way till I got to Wales where it wasn't so bad but feck me, the wind was desperate to blow me out of my lane....

Mind you I've never seen a motorway where everyone was happy to crawl along & there was no traffic in the inside lanes before!!!   And no pressure when I was overtaking & doing so at a measly 60mph either!!!

Ah well, I made it back in one piece!

Now to get all this furniture put back together....


No comments:

Post a Comment