Saturday 1 October 2011

In which I rant about driving....

Other people's driving that is...

In particular, people driving at 30mph in a 60mph zone - aaaarrrggghhh!!!  Either these people NEVER use their rear-view mirrors (& I don't look in mine that often but I know if there's anyone behind me.  I have to admit actually that I mainly use mine for seeing what the kids are up to but I still know roughly how many people are behind me!)

So yes, either the slow-pokes never use their mirrors or they are extremely arrogant & don't care that they have a queue of extremely frustrated drivers behind them..... 

And before anyone says that the speed limit is the maximum speed that you can drive at & that you should drive at a speed that you feel comfortable at as long as you don't exceed that limit (this argument comes around fairly regularly on a forum I frequent...) driving too slowly & therefore holding up traffic does actually count as a minor on a driving test (I should know, I picked one up on my first driving test) & you can be pulled over by the police for driving too slowly as you are creating a hazard & people start to be tempted to overtake you in less than safe places.....

And my other gripe for this evening - roundabouts.....  why can't people use them properly?  Check for traffic from your right people!!!  If there's nothing coming, then go!!!


And breathe!!!


OK - update on my September goals which were:
1) finish decorating the bathroom
2) declutter the dining room
3) start planning for Christmas

Well, I don't seem to have made headway with any of them (oops) although I have made a start on deccorating  the big boys bedroom & have started knitting a toy elephant for the baby...

So guess what my goals for October are? (and how is it October already?)

Ah well....

No comments:

Post a Comment